Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Goals version 2.7

One day I'm in my mid twenties and the next day I wake up and I'm Twenty-Bloody-Seven! As per my "life plan" I was supposed to have my first baby before the age of Twenty Seven and here I am.. jobless, single and living with my folks! Well I'm not technically 'jobless', more like in a new job that I don't particularly like, but if all I have is my right to embellish, then well.. I will embellish a little!

Here's a check-list of all the other stuff I was supposed to have achieved by twenty seven -

Get married at 25. I'm not even dating!
Lose atleast 50 pounds. Lets not even go there...
Learn how to do my own banking and have a respectable bank balance. I still get confused while depositing cheques (my bank or the bank the cheque is drawn on?!)
Be an accomplished cook. Don't think instant noodles, an occasional thai curry made with curry paste and salads/ sandwiches quite cut it.
Live in a huge apartment with my significant other and go on frequent vacations. Was sharing an apartment with my brother before I moved back home and went on vacation with my sister

Don't get me wrong. This isn't one of those emo blogs where the author rants and raves about how much she hates her life. In fact quite the contrary. I've been so busy having a great ride that somewhere down the road I forgot to keep one eye on the finish line (metaphorically speaking!). So now I want to maintain this blog, as an online diary of sorts, to track my progress while working towards achieving the goals set for me by my new and improved Version 2.7. However, unlike the last time around this blog is going to remain anonymous and no details of my location etc. will ever be furnished. No more "you-wrote-this-about-me-on-your-blog-I-hate-you-bitch", thank you!

Without much ado then let's get down to the Goals 2.7

1. Get a new job that I actually enjoy in a city that doesn't bore me to death
2. Re-connect with my friends, a.k.a stop living like a hermit
3. Begin my GMAT classes/ weight loss routine (Only one of the two can happen at a time, mind you!)
4. Apply to business school and move to the city of my dreams, i.e. NYC
5. Find an awesome guy who fits my idea of perfect (No more settling for/ getting involved with married men, smokers, guys who're semi-perfect/ tolerable/ only liked because they give me attention)

Time to get cracking!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you decided to start a new blog. I saw your post on 20sb and I can completely relate. I keep a blog that everyone knows about, and I recently started a little anonymous blog project... which has been incredibly therapeutic and a blast so far. Keep it up and good luck with all your goals! Sounds like your off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals! Life is too short to not go for the things you want out of it. I like that finding a guy is last on the list (as it is on mine as well!) -- I think it's so much easier to achieve goals when silly boys aren't interfering : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol true! And I'm sure we're both speaking from experience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on 20sb :) Your blog/list looks great. I'm not 27 yet but I thought I'd be married and having my first baby by 27, too. Needless to say, I'm far from that. Life is really never how we think it's going to be (cliche, right??) and now, it's just about adapting to the life that has "happened." Good luck and I'll keep following your journey :)
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah and what sucks the most is not knowing a good thing when you have it. Things were pretty great for me 2 years back but I kept whining and looking for something more! Now its like I've fallen back down a few steps and have to put in a little extra effort to climb back up :(

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete