Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blovel but no spot...

Yes thats an actual word and unfortunately I didn't invent it. Although I might have thought of the concept way before anyone ever thought of blog novels as the revolutionary platform for budding writers to showcase their talent without struggling to get published. How awesome is that?! To be able to share your stories with people from all over the world... I think it's pretty fab!

A little bit of googling led me to Blovelspot, some guy's brain-child where bloggers/ writers can post their blovels. He's worked out a very nifty format so that the readers' experience is almost like that of reading a book. (Minus the reading in bed.. the only way I like to read). The other cool thing about Blovelspot is the set of rules - Each blovel should wrap up in 40 posts and once you post, you can't go back and change the post/ chapter. I read a few blovels and was really impressed by the stories woven by some of the writers. Inspired, I quickly signed up, hoping to start my very own blovel and share my novel (haha!) story with the world.

It has now been a little over a week and I haven't yet received my registration email yet. Neither can I login to the site, nor can I communicate with the Admin to report the issue :( In fact I've even tried to follow (stalk) blovelspot on twitter and the last update on the handle was on 1st December 2009. Does anyone know whether this site is operative any more? If not then maybe there's an opportunity for someone to create a similar site. Are there any other blovel sites functional currently?

Also, can someone tell me how a blovel writer can safeguard his/her rights against plagiarism?

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. In fact, I want to do it. Just go at it alone. You don't need a community! It's not a copyrighted idea. I'll do it right beside you... in fact, you've inspired me.

    http://ybrfiction.blogspot.com

    Let's do this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I don't want to steal the idea from you so maybe we could put some shout outs on 20SB for a following? I think this could get somewhere! Let's be friends. Email me!

    heathermchle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete